Saturday, December 25, 2010

Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson Book 3) by PD Martin

Rating: 4 out of 5
Paperback
Publisher: Pan Australia (December 1, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0330424025
ISBN-13: 978-0330424028

First Sentence:"The voice is deep and smooth. 'Agent Sophie Anderson?'"

Sophie moves to LA and on her first day in town is called out to a murder scene. It is of the famous crime writer Loretta Black. At first it looks like a simple case of murder, but then another crime author turns up dead and Sophie is suddenly hot on the trail of a serial killer.

This review will have to be short as I do not want to give anything away.

Another great installment from PD Martin. The new setting means a whole new swag of characters to get to know. Sorrell seems to be a good crime fighting partner for Sophie and I hope he is back in later books. He is a little gruff and burly but otherwise a pretty decent guy. I really don't like Justin, didn't from book two. I personally would be suspicious of a guy like him. But that's just me :) For a love interest I prefer Darren for Sophie and hope that now they are closer geograpahically he gets to be in the picture more.

I enjoyed the idea of the serial killer targeting crime writing authors. It brings a refreshing twist to the crime writing books. Actually all the books so far in this series I felt were the same. They had fascinating themes in them in terms of the serial killers. Makes the books stand out from normal crime stories. Well that and the visions of course.

The ending was a surprise which is great. I definitely didn't see it coming which is good as normally I can guess what will happen.

A good installment in the series which I enjoyed reading. I look forward to reading the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment