Saturday, December 3, 2011

Movie Reviews: November 2011

The Hangover 2 - C
This is pretty much The Hangover but in Thailand/Bangkok. The story was almost identical with a few minor changes. Instead of a baby there was a monkey and no tiger. They were basically the only real changes. I chuckled a few times but to be honest I was bored by it (but I didn't like the first so not surprising really I guess). This one was more for hubby then me I just read my book through most of it.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- B-
Hmm I think the first half of this movie could have been heavily edited. A lot of it was unnecessary and did not add to the story. It was also pretty slow and borderline boring. The second half though was much better and more interesting. The story picks up and so does the action. The animation was good (all the primates where cgi) but the primates did look "off". There was never a moment when you didn't know they were not cgi.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows - A
This is one of the few Harry Potter films I have enjoyed for a long time. I didn't feel the need to pick it a part and think "argh they left that out" or "thats not how it happened in the book". They actually stayed pretty true to the book, including the still pointless very ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment