Thursday, May 1, 2014

There's a Dinosaur In My Bathtub by Catalina Echeverri

Rating 5 out of 5
Title: There's a Dinosaur in my Bathtub
Author: Catalina Echeverri
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens (February 13, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1408839393
ISBN-13: 978-1408839393
Reading Age: 2-7

Love, love, loved this book. This is a must for any dinosaur fanatic, children with imaginary friends, or who has a vivid imagination. It is good for boys or girls.

Amelia is a little girl with a very special friend Pierre the French dinosaur who is very good at hiding. The two have adventures all summer long until the weather turns cold, and he has to go away.

 Master 4 loves this story, and I love the story too. If you asked me to say precisely why I probably couldn't say. Everything about this picture book just works for me.  It is just such a beautiful and fun story with dinosaurs!! I have no problems reading this story over and over and over again.

The whimsical, quirky art work really brings the story alive. There is magical element to the story and the art work. each page is a delight as we follow Amelia and Pierre on their adventures.

The story flows easily so makes reading it out loud a delight.


Interestingly the author also illustrates the book and is from Bogota Columbia, but is currently residing in the UK. She has written and illustrated other children's books which I am now keen to get my hands on.

Just everything about this book we adore and it is a firm favourite here. Probably one of the best birthday presents Master 4 has gotten from his book loving Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment