Sunday, January 30, 2011

Movie Reviews - January 2011

Expendables B-
There is nothing original or surprising about this film. It is pretty violent. Most of the talent was under utilised, perhaps there was to many big names and it was too hard to give everyone screen time. Still a fun action film to watch.

Red A-
Such a fun movie. Ageing spies going out and kicking butt. Morgan Freeman, John Malcovich, Bruce Willis, Helen Mirron, and William Dafoe put in some good performances and all looked like they were having a good time. Helen Mirron I think missed her calling as she makes a sniper rifle look classy, and it seems she had a ball handling those big guns, dont think there was much acting going on there. If you like good action comedies a great movie to watch.

Alpha & Omega C-
Normally I love animated films. But this one failed to interest me at all. The only reason why I watched the whole movie was because it was on tv and I was doing house chores. I didn't hate it, I just didn't really think anything of it. Maybe watch it if it comes on free to air tv and your pretty bored.

Cats & Dogs: Return of Kitty Galore B
Not a bad effort. Some good chuckles to be had. Kids will definately enjoy it. The animation and voice acting was good. Very cute and a decent effort for a sequel.

Easy A B
A really fun film. Even though it is set in highschool I think adults will get more out of it. Some good laugh out loud moments. I did like the message it carried and the references to the book The Scarlet Letter. Was a clever movie. Was expecting it to be bad but enjoyable.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid B-
Not a bad film. But I didn't find it as funny as I thought I would. Kids around the 10 year old mark will probably get more out of it. I have not read the book so can not compare.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Easy A, too. Expected to be totally dumb but was actually pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add Red to my Netflix queue. Looks like fun. I haven't seen any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heidenkind - I agree I was totally surprised by Easy A.

    Stacybuckeye - We really liked Red, was a little slow at first for huuby's liking but it didnt phase me. I really think it was so the director could show how bored the main character is. Helen Mirren looked like she had HEAPS of fun. I think she should do light hearted stuff more often as she has a knack for that too.

    ReplyDelete