Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday : The Zookeeper's War


Teaser Tuesdays hosted by Should Be Reading asks you to:

  • Grab your current read

  • Let the book fall open to a random page

  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

  • Do NOT post anything that could spoil the plot of the book!

The Zookeeper's War by Steven Conte Pg32

This was a shock - he'd expected disappointment, not punishment. Already he'd attended too many funerals of former zookeepers killed in the front. 'Without those staff stock will die,' he said. 'If that's your aim, just say no, and we'll pack off the animals to an abattoir. They'd suffer less, and the ministry would save on fodder.' Striped of sarcasm , he realised, the idea was unpleasantly plausible.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds a little depressing. Never heard of this book - I wonder if it's fact or fiction. Good teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intriguing. I, too, wonder what this book is about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like tuff times ahead for those animals and their keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought at first you were talking about "The Zookeeper's Wife" - but I see that this is an entirely different book with a very similar title covering the same war.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser - seems to me that I'm seeing more books about zoos! I love to take my toddler there - he always notices something new. :)

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you everyone for your comments!

    So far the book has not been depressing at all (about half way though so that could all change). It has told the story purely from the point of the zoo keepers, and how the Zoo is effected by the war.

    It is an Australian book & Author so perhaps it is not released over seas yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the world of book-blogging! I would love to read this book. It's going on my list!!

    ReplyDelete