Monday, April 27, 2009

The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts

Rating: 4 out of 5

Synopsis: The Pagan Stone had stood for hundreds of years, long before three boys gathered around it to spill their blood in a bond of brotherhood, unwittingly releasing a force bent on destruction ...Gage Turner has been running from his past for a long time. The son of an abusive drunk, his childhood in the small town of Hawkins Hollow was tough - his only solace his friendship with Fox O'Dell and Caleb Hawkins. But, aged ten, the boys unleashed evil on their town: every seven years murder and mayhem reign, and each cycle is more extreme than the last. Now Gage has returned home to help his friends save Hawkins Hollow, but a lifetime as a loner has made him wary of emotional ties. And who can make plans for the future when their present is so uncertain? For unless they find a way to use the Pagan Stone against the demonic force, everything they know and love will be destroyed.

Review: This was probably the best book out of the three. The story is told from Gage and Cybils perspective. The romance side of it was played down or did not get as much page time as the other romances in their respective books. I suspect this was because the other story threads needed to be tied together.

I found both Gage and Cybil to be more interesting characters out of the six. Either one of them is who I would want on my demon ass kicking team. The demon Twisse seems to come after them with a particular vengeance. Some pretty nasty things happen to the whole gang as well as the town. Twisse is at his pre-release strongest and is flexing his muscles.

There was more action and horror as the story began to gather speed and race towards the end. And what an end, it was a pretty spectacular ending. I don’t want to give to much away so I wont say anymore.
Did he mean me or Jenny Mullendore was a slut?” Joanne wondered “Because honestly, I don’t see how she has time for slut activities with those two preschoolers of hers. Me, I’ve got lots of time.
One thing that annoyed me through out the series was the occasional random change of perceptive of a paragraph or two then switching back. It bugged me but didn’t stop me from reading the series.

That is probably my biggest criticism and it was not that bad. If you like romance/horror or Nora Roberts definitely give the series a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment